Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Rock Star Child


This morning, before my bible study, I was at Brady and Caeden's school for the "Honor Roll Assembly." Can I tell you how excited I was to be there!?!?!? First off, I was there because my child, my Brady, made the honor roll for the SECOND time this year. He's 2 for 2 on the Honor Roll. Why am i so excited, besides the obvious? For many reasons. First off, I honestly don't think I will ever go to one of these honor roll assemblies and not get teary when I watch my son walk up those steps onto the stage and shake his principal's hand and receive his certificate. I am so proud of him. So incredibly proud. Brady has already, in his short educational experience, faced a huge challenge that not many students face. When we made the decision to send him to Cascade, we were told that he was very behind. That entire first year there, for 2nd grade, was a struggle for him. So many tears and frustrations while doing homework. So much anger towards school, his teacher and us. But he plowed his way through and it because obvious that he was so behind in every area. His teacher called us in and met with us and the principal and we prayed for wisdom and direction, if we should hold him back. Just the fact that his teacher and principal were praying with us as we walked through this difficult decision was such a blessing. We did decide to hold him back and he repeated 2nd grade. It was one of the hardest decisions as a parent so far and one of the best. We knew what it meant, we knew what he could possibly face from his peers and we knew this was going against the grain. We knew that his little spirit was crushed and hurt. But we did it because we knew it was right and was what God wanted for our son. To see him up on stage, accepting this award, just 2 years later, is incredible to me. His confidence in his abilities has improved so much. Even though at the end of the year, he is still filled with fear that he may not move on, he is growing into such a confident young man. I know God has used this in his life and ours to teach us the amazing lesson that His way is always best, no matter what it looks like and i know He will continue to use it in Brady's life in so many ways. I am so proud of him. He is an amazing boy. So that is why I know that I will tear up at every honor roll assembly because I am remembering what it took to get there, how hard my son has worked and how proud he is of himself and what he has accomplished. He's the third from the left

3 comments:

Melissa Guay said...

Isn't that just amazing to see His plan that quickly and get the confirmation that you made the right decision. Way to go Brady!!!!!!

Kathy said...

I'm tearing up just reading his accomplishments, Michele. How wonderful - I remember what a struggle that decision was for you. What an incredible thing to see him succeed, after following the Lord's plan for his young life. How awesome!!!

Jane Anne said...

What a wonderful blessing to see Brady do so well after his initial struggles. It is so wonderful to hear about your excitment and pride, his accomplishments, and the reminder that God always knows best.