Crazy week this week, in so many ways! Based on the weather, you'd think it was February. Back to wearing fleece and jeans. School ends this friday for Brady and Caeden. They have all kinds of fun stuff planned this week. But we are all looking forward to no schedule, no "have-to's", no school lunches to be made (ok, maybe that's my excitement), relaxed bedtimes and fun summer family fun. We are putting together the "Collins' Super Dooper Summer Fun Extravaganzaaaaa" list. Basically, we sit down as a family and figure out all the things we want to do over the summer. We make a big list, on posterboard, and everyone gives ideas. The goal, obviously, is to do as much on the list as possible. My good friend Stella gave me the idea last summer and the boys loved it! We didn't do everything on the list but we gave it a good try. It was fun to hear their ideas and hear what was important to them to do. Other Collins news...
~We are off to Malibu Young Life camp in TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!
~Celebrated Tate's birthday with "Clem the Clam Digger." I will definitely post pics of our special guest!
~Backyard is coming in nicely! Stu had seeded for the second time and probably will need to mow before we head to Malibu.
~The baby birdies are growing like weeds! I'll have to do a post just on their progress from the first hatching to now. I've learned so much about the bird cycle just from watching them. Did you know that baby birdies double their size each day!?!? They pretty much have outgrown their little nest. The mama bird can't even get in there anymore. Their feathers have all come in and their eyes are open. It's just incredible. I know that they are probably going to leave the next while we are gone and i'm mourning their leaving.:( It's been so fun for us to watch them. So precious!!!
~My brother is coming over for the weekend from Spokane. Can't wait to spend time with him! Celebrate my mom's birthday/flag day. It's a running joke in our family. Her birthday always falls on Flag Day. So we make it a joint celebration.:)
~Father's Day!!! Woop Woop! We are excited to celebrate Stu!
~I was reminded again of how God has surrounded me with people who love me and support me and encourage me. I am so thankful for my husband and how much he loves me, for my kids and how precious they are, for friends that continue to stand in the gap with me, no matter what.
I'll leave you with this Tater-ism...."Mommy, did you know that hand sanitizer kills 99 hundred germs? That's a whole lot of germs!"
2 comments:
What a good idea with the family summer "to do" list!! Leave it to the Stellanator to think of such a thing!! Gonna have to try it!!
Oooh, ooh! I'm gonna do the list thing too. What fun!!! We'll do it! Stella, Stella... what a gal. : ) Love the pics, Michele - what is the creation castle masterpiece??? Pretty awesome!
Post a Comment